Felling Trees is easy

So me and my mate, who helped me throughout much of the demolition process so far, decided to cut a tree that is problematic for the future foundations.

The conversation went like this:
Me:
"Oh yea, I finally got councils permission to cut down that big Yew Tree in the corner, now I just need a Tree Surgeon that has some time for that"
Mate:
"How much is a Tree surgeon"
Me:
"I dont know for this one, but last year I let the local guys cut down a small Sycamore in the back and it cost me 450 quid. But they are flat out busy and the 2 quotes I got where all around 800 quid"
Mate
"800 QUID?? Are you a fucking millionaire? It  s only a bit of timber, we cut it ourselves|"

Logic. Exactly my kind of thinking.
So i went and bought a chainsaw.
Some protective gear (I m not a complete idiot after all, even though the rest of this post might make you doubt this statement)
And started research (a.k.a. looking at Canadian Lumberjacks on Youtube_)

Then I called in Matey and another Friend to give me a hand and off we went.

The plan was very easy.
There are no Houses nearby, out of 360 degrees that the tree can go, only about 90 degrees would do some harm to the neighbouring Garden Wall, the rest would be pretty alright.
So not much that can go wrong.
Just wedge it on the right side and secure it with some ratchet straps and ropes to give it that little bit of extra pull into the right direction.

Make sure there are no people in any of the neighbouring gardens and then just cut it carefully.

It went something like this:


So now the tree went into the Neighbouring wall ( remember, the  90degrees where it shouldnt go- it obviously went there)


Great big massive bummer.

Three Idiots standing around scratching their heads .

How we gonna clean up that mess now.


So started clearing the Crown and got around 30% taken off the same afternoon.
Went home pretty annoyed, thinking about how to clean this big , heavy stump , balancing on the Brick wall .

Lucky for me, I have this secret source of endless information where I just found lots of support and helpful Information.

One of the guys from there was kind enough(and close enough) to come down with a mate to my rescue the next day . They  chopped up the tree into manageable  Logs. In no time . All thanks to a bit of experience and chainsaw skills







(Timelapse quality is medioca as I am still trying to figure out camera settings_)




Which left me with just a bit of green, and logs, to clear.









Comments

Popular Posts